It’s that time of the year again! It’s Prom Season (or Grad Season, as we Canadians call it)! Prom is one of the most memorable times of the year for high school students, especially for all the teenage girls. It may be the last time they will ever see their friends and teachers, and of course, they will want to make a lasting impression!
Flowers have always been an important part of prom night. High school graduates want everything to be perfect! Along with the shoes, bag, and jewellery, the prom corsage is a must-have accessory. And not only does it have to complement the dress, fashion-conscious teenage girls will want them to be unique and make a fashion statement! In other words, the flowers have to be chic and trendy!
If you are a parent and want to be”in the know,” here are the latest trends in prom flowers:
- Custom corsages! Like we mentioned earlier, teenagers want to be different! Like the horror of showing up in the same dress as someone else, girls don’t want to have the flowers as everyone else. Pre-made flowers aren’t good enough. They want to design their own corsages and add their own individuality.
- Corsages are no longer reserved for the wrist. These days, corsages can be worn on the upper arm, shoe, shoulders, as a necklace, on a tiara or a ring. Pretty much anywhere on the body is possible.
- Instead of a ribbon or elastic for a wrist corsage, florists are using stretchy rhinestone bracelets, like the one pictured, or cuff bracelets as a base to make the corsage. Some florists even have the option of having the girls bring in their own jewellery for the flowers to be glued on.
- Another huge trend is using “bling” like beads and shiny gems other embellishments. This is also a popular trend in wedding flowers.
- Bright, neon colours continue to be another hot trend. Trendy colours this year include lime green, hot pink, and orange.
- Not a fan of bright colours? The romantic vintage theme is another option. Rosy pinks, coral and other pale colours are another popular trend this year.